Friday, April 25, 2008

The Devil and Miss Jones

My Life:
AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK

March? When was that? Oh! I remember March!

St. Patrick's Day! Easter! Devon! BRUCE sang She's the One!


And I got sick! Again! I think the last round of antibiotics really worked. Poor Devon had a to take a shuttle to the airport, I was so sick. Luckily, I have very understanding and self reliant friends in my life.
Mom came and then spent yet another night in the hospital while visiting! She is not coming again without a clean EKG. It was fun with Robby in the ER. For about an hour, he decided he wanted to be a doctor. It was a nice break from his dreams of the fire department.


The light bulb has finally been lit in the portion of Robby's brain that tells him when he has "to go". After 7 months of sitting on the potty and saying, "Maybe next time?" he has finally began to actually use his time sitting there. Two days this week I was sprayed before I even got my morning coffee. Now that, my friends, is motherhood.


It has taken so much self restraint on my part to keep from picking up the camera/camcorder and capturing these moments for posterity. Robby stands in front of the toilet Ala Titanic

and squeezes as hard as he can and then shudders to make things happen. I swear if I made a video of the scene, Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" would be the music. I still may break down and do it. It would be nice to have this video to look at when I'm 80 and all alone. Or maybe when Robby's 16 and feeling rather "too hip". I'm sure too hip is not at all hip today and it won't even be understood 14 years from now. Oh well. I amuse myself anyway.
The promise of spring has once again appeared this afternoon. I'm not sure I really buy it this time, but I plan on going outside and enjoying it while it lasts.
That last sentence sums up the month of March.




No comments: