Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Roof! The Roof!

A man is vacationing in Europe and calls back home to check in with his brother, who is house sitting for the three weeks he will be gone.

"How are things at home?"

"Not great. Your cat is dead."

"What!!! Really?"

"Yep."

"Man! What happened?"

"She got on the roof and refused to come down. She wouldn't eat or drink water. She just sat there for days until she finally died."

"Oh, Jeez. Man, you could have broken the news a little easier on me, brother."

"Like how?"

"I don't know; You could have told me that she was stuck on the roof this time and the next time I called you could have told me she died. That way, at least I would have been prepared and it wouldn't have been such a shock."

"I guess so. Sorry, dude."

"Anyway, how's Grandma doing?"

"She's up on the roof and we can't get her to come down."

Editorial Note: Thanks to a call from Aunt Donna this evening, I realize that I need to let everyone know that The Grandma and The Nanny are both alive and kicking. It is seven years to the day that my Dad died. I was trying to communicate the humor that one can actually prepare for a loved one's death.

No comments: